Here you will find information about the Awards Finals, venue requirements; hotel room rates; presentation details including practical information about what is going to be happening and when. You may wish to save this page in your bookmarks so that you can check the page regularly for updates. We’ll also provide links to this page through our regular email updates to finalists.
Dress code: Smart business wear.
Please ensure you have provided your guest details and any dietary requirements by COP Friday, 15th February (you have been sent an email with a link). We will be unable to accommodate dietary requirements received after this date. If you have not received this link, then please get in touch with
Please keep in mind you need to complete your details on the link even though you don’t have any dietary requirements in which case you would write - no dietary requirements. Guests for whom we do not have complete details may have difficulties while registering.
We have prepared some great room rates for you, should you decide to stay the night at the venue and rest before the event or after a hard day of presentations, networking and learning.
Please use this promo code when making bookings: AWAR19
You will be able to book rooms right up to the event, there isn't a cut off date. Nevertheless, the prices may increase towards the finals date depending on the venue's occupancy.
If you use the following promo code while you are booking rooms, the Best Available Rate will be reduced for 20%. However, using the promo code for discount excludes free cancellation, and the amount will become non-refundable.
We have an urgent assistance telephone number for use on the day only. This number is 07462 930880
Please contact and let us know if you are delayed or of any other problems and we will do our best to make any arrangements we can.
This number will only be staffed on March 8th 2019 at the UK Complaint Handling Awards.
|8:15||Registration Opens on B2 Level|
|10:40||Presentations continue until 11:40|
|11:55||Presentations continue until 12:55|
|13:00||Drinks reception commences (Beatrice Suite on B1 Level)|
|13:30||Call to lunch (Victoria Suite on B1 Level)|
To see the presentation schedule please click below
PREPARE TO PRESENT
Your presentation at the finals carries 50% of your final score. You and your team will doubtless have put a great deal of effort into the entry and preparations for the big day! We want you to have a great time.
Please read these instructions carefully.
You can email email@example.com if you have any further questions.
- Each of the rooms is equipped with a projector or a screen and a table for the judges, and some chairs for open sessions, where relevant.
- You can see which room your presentation is in on the presentation schedule.
- You must provide a laptop for your presentation.
- To connect the laptop to the screen, you will need to have a standard HDMI connection.
- If you don’t have this borrow a computer or obtain an appropriate adapter. Test that the adapter works.
- You may wish to check your presentation settings to be that bit extra prepared
- The screens in all presentation rooms are in 16:9 format
- If audio is part of your presentation, you will need to bring your own speakers as we do not provide these. You will need to have this set up and connected to your laptop. Test the set up in advance, so you know exactly what you are doing on the day
- It is recommended to print 6 copies of the presentation as a contingency plan, to give to the judges in case there is a technical problem on the day
Technical assistance on the day will be limited. AV support will be provided in case there is a problem with venue equipment only. There will be no spare or back up equipment for presenters use. If the AV company is requested to provide equipment and they have it available, the service will need to be paid on the day directly to the AV company.
The schedule for the day is tight and it is important that each judging panel finishes all the judging promptly at 12:55 pm.
Therefore, the Chair of Judging will not be keen to allow sessions to run over.
- Each presentation slot is 25 minutes in length.
- The Chair has been instructed to allow 15 minutes for your presentation and 10 minutes for questions.
- The Chair may interrupt you if you overrun.
- The Chair may end your session if you were late starting so as not to delay the next session.
Please arrive at your presentation room 5 minutes before the starting time to enable you to set up so you do not lose time from your 25 minutes.
There are 10 minutes between each presentation to allow for a changeover.
This should be sufficient for the previous team to pack up and the new team to set up.
Check your schedule and make sure that if you have back to back presentations, you know where you are going. See the floor plans below.
The dress code is smart business wear. However, we want you and your team to have fun, so come wearing what makes you feel good! If the team wishes to display its unity why not wear all the same tee-shirts? If you are planning on celebrating in style, cocktail dresses and suits will work wonderfully well.
We need to know of special or dietary requirements of any of your guests or staff. Please complete these details on the link that has been sent to you by Friday, 15th February 2019. In case you haven’t received the link, please get in touch and we will resend it.
FINALIST PRESENTATIONS - BOARDROOM, EDWARD AND ALBERT SUITES
FINALIST PRESENTATIONS - GEORGE AND ELIZABETH SUITES
Please note that 2 presentation rooms will be on the 1st Floor. Please check in which rooms you will be presenting.
DRINKS RECEPTION, GALA LUNCH AND AWARDS CEREMONY