Judging at the UK Complaint Handling Awards 2017 is a great way to share your knowledge and experience. At the same time, you will have the opportunity to hear team and business initiatives from all types of industries, enhance your profile, network and celebrate with the Finalists and Winners!
As a judge, your role is to:
- Hear first-hand from professionals representing a range of organisations, from blue chip to start-up, as they share some of the latest business ideas and initiatives.
- Use your knowledge and experience to assess entries both online and at face-to-face live presentations that give you the opportunity to learn, ask questions and clarify important issues.
- Provide scores and written comments to entrants. Your scores and comments go on to make up part of their feedback reports, helping them continuously improve their business.
Being a judge allows you to:
- Enhance your credibility Both from presence at the awards and from the inclusion of your role in your CV
- Network With other business leaders and the Finalists and Winners
- Build your personal profile Your profile will be published on the “Meet our Judges” webpage and in the Awards brochure, positioning you as a key business player
- Use the Judge logo You will receive a logo for use as a marketing tool, for example in your email signature and social media profiles, to promote your role as a Judge at the Awards and to identify you as an expert in your field
What Do I Need to Qualify as a Judge?
We are looking for a diverse team of Judges with a range of knowledge, skills and experience to give category judging panels a robust mix of business expertise.
Therefore, We Are Looking for Applicants Who Meet One Or More of the Following Criteria:
- knowledge, skills, and experience in a variety of business disciplines
- substantial business experience
- a relevant business qualification or membership in a relevant academic establishment (for example, a business school)
- experience judging business Awards
- a passion for the delivery of exceptional business performance
If this sounds like you, please send your CV/profile to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to be considered as a Judge at the UK Complaint Handling Awards 2017.
Please note: If you have judged at one of our Awards before, you will not be required to send another copy of your CV. Please send an email saying you are interested.
There is a fee of £289.00 plus VAT for judging at these Awards. This fee enables you to access the following:
- a place at the gala luncheon and Awards Finals
- the Awards Judge logo to use on your business stationery, social media profiles, and website or blog
- the inclusion of a personal profile and company logo on the Meet Our Judges webpage
- the opportunity to network at the Awards Finals
If you would like to discuss applying to be a judge at the UK Complaint Handling Awards 2017 please call Lisa Bailey on 01223 911755 or email email@example.com